19.11.10

Particle by particle she slowly changes (8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

Contrary to what it might appear, I have not given up on the 30 for 30 challenge.  In fact, it went really well this week!  I’ve just been incredibly busy with a lot on my mind.  I hope I’ll have more to say about that a little later, but not right now.

Originally the 30 for 30 challenge stressed me out because I’m not very creative when it comes to outfits.  But it’s actually helped me focus in the morning, and since I have a lot on my mind, it’s nice to not agonize over what to wear in the moment.

Monday, #8:
  
Anthropologie Oak Apple dress by Moulinette Soeurs, Mexx cardigan, Hilary Druxman necklace,
Wolford sheer tights (way too much sheen in these ones), Bos & Company pumps

I’m mildly regretting putting this dress in.  There’s only so many ways I’ll be able to remix this.  I’ll see if I can come up with something else before the end.

Tuesday, #9

Anthropologie Wind-Rippled Tee by RicRac, Anthropologie Acting Out Skirt by Cartonnier,
Wolford sheer tights (less sheen this time!), Bos & Co pumps

This is my completely non-black outfit of the challenge (the skirt is dark green, hard to tell on camera and in that light).  I love colour, but I end up gravitating towards black and grey because it’s just so much easier.


Outtake when I was setting up the self-timer.  I didn’t make it in time, so I thought, what the hell, might as well smile. 

(Regarding the Les Miserables poster behind me, Will and I have lived in this apartment for almost 4 years, but we haven’t bothered to decorate.  We keep saying we will, but let’s face it, we’ll move before we do.)

Wednesday, #10

James Perse tank, Club Monaco cardigan, Anthropologie Either-Ore necklace,
Club Monaco pencil skirt, Wolford tights, Tory Burch Reva flats

What did I say about black and grey?  This was a I’m-not-feeling-well-so-I’m-gonna-grab-the-easiest-and-most-comfortable-pieces-I-have outift, so of course it’s black and grey.  I hope the necklace makes it a little more interesting and less boring.

Thursday, #11

Anthropologie Torsade Tee by C. Keer, J. Crew Jenna’s cardigan, Tsunami Design necklace,
Anthropologie Glowing Leaf Skirt by Floreat, Wolford sheer tights, Miz Mooz Stella pumps

I love this skirt, but I’m still not convinced by it.  The length seems a little off, but maybe it’s just the angle of the photo and the height of the heel I’m wearing.  Or maybe I should have ordered the petite version.

  
Anthropologie Craft & Creation Top by Deletta, Mexx cardigan, J. Brand jean leggings
(I hate the word “jegging” so I won’t use it), Tory Burch Reva flat

Week two complete!

3 comments:

  1. Cute outfits! It's way easier to see your style and your aesthetic when the photos are lumped together like this post. Anthro seems to be a fave of yours! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ruffles in number 9. And the color.
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute outfits Rachel! I think you're doing a great job of remixing so far. Regarding the versatility of the Oak Apple dress -- maybe if you run out of ways to style it with just cardigans on top, perhaps you can consider wearing it as a skirt? (E.g. wear a shirt like the teal Wind-Rippled over it?) I can never pull off this look myself but I have seen several ladies more petite than I am do it really well! Also, I too found the proportions of the Glowing Leaf skirt have seemed a little off to me when I leave my shirt untucked, it makes me feel weird. I think having a blouse tucked in makes the line of the skirt start a lot higher on one's waist and makes the proportions seem a bit more normal. But that's just my experience! If it continues to not work out for you, maybe you can exchange for the petite size and see if that feels better?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...