20.11.10

Lucky 13

I’m not superstitious, so I don’t care if 13 is lucky or unlucky.  The Chinese care very much about things being lucky and unlucky though, so maybe it’s fitting that I hit outfit 13 for Saturday morning dim sum with friends. 


J. Crew knotted tee, Anthropologie Either-Ore necklace, Mavi super-skinny jeans, Tory Burch Reva flat

It’s handy when your best friend is Chinese, because then she can guide you through the weird and wonderful dishes. I’m a picky eater in the sense I’m limited by my food allergies, but nothing really grosses me out (except rice pudding, but that’s a different story altogether). 

Squid tentacles:

Congee:

Some sort of pork-filled deep-fried bun:

Shrimp dumplings:

More shrimp dumplings:

Chicken feet in Chinese sauce (these were actually pretty good):

The table:

Dessert (steamed tofu with ginger syrup):

Custard tarts:

My favourite dish was duck tongues with vermicelli, but I didn’t get a photo of them.

1 comment:

  1. My mouth is watering right now. Those squid tentacles and shrimp dumplings look DELISH. And the custard tarts, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...