7.11.10

30 for 30 challenge

I had already decided that November was going to be a no-shop month, but then Kendi’s 30 for 30 challenge came along and I signed myself up.

hello

In a nutshell, the challenge is to pick 30 items from your closet, including shoes but excluding coats and accessories (tights, jewellery, etc.), and wear them in 30 or more outfits in 30 or more days.  No shopping for these 30 days.

My 30 items:


6 Anthro tops


4 non-Anthro tops (J. Crew, Jamees Perse, Club  Monaco, Jacob)


4 cardigans (Bailey 44, Mexx, Banana Republic, J. Crew)


6 skirts, 3 Anthro, 3 non-Anthro (Club Monaco x2 and Jacob)

 
2 pairs of jeans, 2 dresses

 
3 pairs of heels, 1 pair of boots, 2 pairs of flats

I’m following Kendie in not including coats or accessories, but I’m also not including the Hunter rubber boots I wear in the rain, or the running shoes or lululemon gear that I wear to work out at the gym lie around the house in. 

30 items is actually a lot more than I thought.  Still, I found myself agonizing over which items to choose, trying to think ahead to what will give me the most versatility over 30 days.  That meant a lot of black and grey (16 out of 30 items). 

It’ll probably be difficult, but at least it’s not as difficult as 6 items for 30 days.  That I could not do.

I think this will be a good challenge for me because I’m terrible at remixing clothes.  I buy pieces in outfits and I rarely deviate: top A goes with skirt A and shoe A and never shall shoe B or skirt B enter into the equation.  I have to think about more combinations now.  So I hesitated about the Oak Apple Dress and the Aniseed Skirt, but I put them in because I just really want to wear them this month, even if I only wear them once.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely selection of clothes for your 30 by 30! I love that you chose an assortment of colorful tops; they will be so fun to pair and will hopefully alleviate boredom with your looks as the month goes on. (And man, I am craving a purple Craft & Creation something fierce now!!) Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm paranoid that I didn't pick the right pieces. :P Oh well, I have to deal with it now! I love the Craft & Creation top, if you do find one, I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello fellow 30 for 30 remixer! good luck, i look forward to following your mixes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...