1.2.11

February is the cruellest month

All Februaries are without a doubt, the Worst Months in any given Year. Unpronounceable. Cold. Gray. Barren. A dumping ground for feature films. The month when you have finally used up all the tasty frozen preserves that you slaved over in a burst of super green eco-energy last summer. Now all you have left is freezer-burned hamburger meat, and you couldn't care less. The whole month is like freezer-burned hamburger meat. Put some ketchup on it and choke it down.

From Daily Show comedian Samantha Bee.

I always hated February, but maybe this year will be different.  There’s the whole condo thing. There’s the fact I completed my self-imposed no-shop month! 

And there’s the 30 for 30 winter challenge. Here’s my first outfit:

 
Anthropologie Daily Gathering Dress (Bailey 44) | Club Monaco cardigan | Anthropologie necklace | Wolford Satin Opaque tights | Michael Kors patent pumps

Needed some colour to brighten up the first day of February.

I could have continued not shopping in the spirit of the 30 for 30 challenge, but I decided to use some J.Crew gift cards and order some cardigans.  That’s all though.  After today, I’m going to try to give up shopping for another 30 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...