15.12.10

In which I attempt to be a conscious shopper

So I’m no longer bound by any no-shopping challenge anymore, and though I failed at my last attempt, I think I’ve come out of that experience a more conscious shopper.  So let’s see how I put that into practice on my latest trips to Anthropologie.


Je Ne Sais Scarf Tee by Deletta, US$58, size S
I hate the name of this top.  I also only tried it on as a whim, because I fully expected not to like it.  But it’s actually quite cute, and it makes me look really skinny (or that might just be the crazy mirrors at Anthro).  I was really tempted by this top, but I realized that it’s something I’d probably get tired of in a few months.  Pass.


Network Dress by Velvet, US$138, size S
goldenmeans brought this dress to my attention.  It’s so simple, but it’s so awesome at the same time.  Yes, maybe a little overpriced for a jersey dress, but I’ve always liked Velvet’s basics.  I really love this one and it will definitely come home with me, but I’m going to wait and buy it in Boston when I’m there for Christmas (cheaper!).


Karelia coat by Elevenses, US$248, sold out online (found it at the Don Mills Anthro), size 6
This coat is pretty fabulous.  I don’t know why, exactly.  It shouldn’t be.  The SAs were trying to get me to buy it.  I have to say I’m thinking about it, but in the end I’ll probably pass. 


Engla Trench by Elevenses, US$188, size 6
When I saw this coat in the catalogue, I was concerned, because I loved it instantly.


In person, not so much.  The ribbon sash doesn’t look as nice, and I didn’t think the fit was anything special.  I don’t want it anymore.  Phew!


Redux Jacket by Cartonnier, US$98, size S.
Meh.  I think I’d like this better if the hook and eye closure were a little higher.  It’s not bad, but I don’t love it.


Collecting Starlight Skirt by Gryphon, US$188, size M
This skirt is actually really adorable.  I was drawn to it because of the sparkle factor (it’s very reminiscent of skirts you might see at Club Monaco), but I didn’t think I would like it.  Sadly I do, sadly because it’s really really expensive. 


I love it enough to want to buy it at full price (good test for me), but I won’t.


Lappula Dress by Edme & Esyllte, US$168, size 6
I also really liked this dress from the catalogue shot


It’s very pretty, and quite flattering.  The neckline is a very respectable, so it’s work-appropriate.


Looks good with a cardigan on top too.  But maybe a touch too long?  And the colour palette isn’t quite right for me? I don’t know.  I really like it, but I don’t know if I love it.  I need to think about it, which is probably an indication that I shouldn’t buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...