1.9.11

Making a statement

I love jewellery. I mean, LOVE it. But when I was going through my jewellery box for today’s prompt, I realized I don’t have a lot of really bold statement pieces. An oversight on my part, clearly. However, since discovering Anthropologie in all its detailed, embellished glory, I’ve been drawn to more simple jewellery because I don’t want my jewellery and clothes to compete. Also, I want to consider proportion – I’m short in stature, so I don’t want my jewellery to overwhelm me.

My favourite piece of jewellery is this Hilary Druxman necklace which I wear all the time (here, here, here, here, here, and here, for a start). It’s simple enough to wear with everything, but special enough for my tastes. It was quite pricey (all handmade, in sterling silver), but I’m sure my CPW (cost per wear) is practically nil by now. But I seem to be wearing it so much to the neglect of all others though.

So here’s an outfit with a bold necklace from Anthro.


Jacob sleeveless top (2006) | Club Monaco skirt (2009) | Anthro necklace | Miss Sixty Tracy shoes

Closeup:

And another.

My hair was also a big deal today (the closeups help because you can’t really see in the full-length shots above); inspired by Monday’s hair challenge, I bought a curling iron (actually a styling wand) and resolved to learn how to curl/wave my hair. This was my first attempt in 20 minutes this morning. Not too bad, if I do say so myself. I love how the 21 Day Challenge is just inspiring me all over the place.

21 Day Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...