14.9.11

Leave me out with the waste, this is not what I do

This dress reminds me of Damien Rice's song "9 Crimes".


Anthro Cirque A-Line Dress (Porridge) | Club Monaco cardigan | Hilary Druxman necklace | Miss Sixty Tracy shoes

It should really remind of of the song “Elephant”, which is on the album 9 along with “9 Crimes”. But no, my brain and its associations are completely ridiculous sometimes.

(If you look really really hard, you can kinda see the CN Tower in the distance behind me. It’s that blurry spike right next to the bow.)

I had a mini-crisis earlier this summer partly sparked by this dress. I loved it, I loved the fun elephant print, but I had a panic attack that I was too old for a dress with elephants all over it. Then I snapped out of it, smacked myself in the face (metaphorically speaking), and bought the damn dress when I was in NYC last month.

And then it sat in my closet unworn because I wasn’t sure if it were everyday-appropriate, or if it needed some kind of party or event. Again, I snapped out of it, smacked myself in the face (literally this time), and wore it to work today. And I’d wear it again.

This was actually the same day. At the last minute before I left for work, after I took these photos, I decided to swap out the summery cardigan for a long-sleeved one and flats. It’s not summer out there anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...