Catch-up, not ketchup. I have a backlog of warmer-weather outfits to post before the weather finally turns cold (starting to cool down today, but not quite yet) and they become inappropriate for the weather.
- I sprained my right wrist yesterday lifting one of those 18L water-cooler bottles of water. I’ve lifted them dozens of times before, but this time I moved awkwardly (so this was literally awkward) and twisted it. It hurts like a mofo and I have limited mobility, but I can still type and use my mouse, so I can still work (darn). And blog. I’m wearing a tensor bandage and icing and popping Advil, but it was definitely one of those damnit moments. I really should have waited for Will to come home from basketball to lift it for me.
- I think I’ve become a certified sugar addict. I’ve never eaten so much ice cream in my life, and I can’t stop. It’s not good, and not just because I’ve started to put on weight.
- I wore a new top today and almost fell out of it several times.
I love this top even though it’s getting really bad reviews, I love the colour and the polka dots and the bow at the hip, but the cowlneck is very wide and low. Must remember to wear a cami underneath to avoid a wardrobe malfunction like that again.)
- Even with a sprained wrist, I can still curl my hair. I have my priorities.
- I had a last-minute dinner with work friends (from my old job) I haven’t hung out with in a while.
- After catching up with them over dinner, I realized how lucky I am that I no longer have a job that makes me want to slit my wrists when I get up in the morning.
- I’m loving my iPad for watching new TV shows on-demand on the network apps. I’ve never watched so much new season TV in my life. So far I’ve watched New Girl (I kinda feel that it’s trying a bit too hard to be so cute and quirky, but I like Zooey Deschanel, and it has made me laugh out loud a few times), Ringer (I like Sarah Michelle Gellar, so that’s why I’m watching), Revenge (it’s so soapy and melodramatic but I enjoyed it), The Playboy Club (terrible but I might watch again for the train-wreck value, but I probably won’t waste my time), Charlie’s Angels (horrific and I definitely won’t watch again), Pan Am (the uniforms are cute and it was actually quite watchable), 2 Broke Girls (I enjoy making fun of hipsters too), and A Gifted Man (I’ve always liked Patrick Wilson and Jennifer Ehle, but the premise is pretty silly).
And now, the late summer outfit catch-up. As much as I want the cooler weather, I will miss bare legs and summer shoes!