28.4.11

Mary Mary, quite contrary

9 times out of 10, when everyone is gushing over something at Anthro, I’m not crazy about it.  Maybe my tastes are just completely different from the majority of Anthro shoppers.  Maybe it’s just stubbornness or plain bloody-mindedness.  Or maybe I just don’t get it.

Case in point:


Mompos Dress, Plenty by Tracy Reese, CAD$268.  Wearing a size 6 here, but I’d really need to size up for comfort.

Before I offend anyone, let me just say that it is a really lovely dress.  I can totally see that.  It looks gorgeous on other people.  But I’m not gaga over it, and I don’t think it’s flattering on me at all (the high round neck and the horizontal stripe across my chest makes me feel very blocky).  So it’s a pass for me, and that’s okay.  I just start wondering sometimes if there’s something wrong with me that I don’t like what everyone else likes, but then I remember that everyone has different tastes.  And that’s why we don’t walk around all looking like clones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...