7.7.11

Awkward & Awesome Thursday

I love Sydney’s idea of Awkward and Awesome Thursdays, so I’m joining in (also, she’s adorable and her blog is fab).  It kinda reminds me of Homer’s “free frogurt” moment in the Treehouse of Horror III episode (from 1992!), after he decides to buy a Krusty doll for Bart’s brithday:

Shopkeeper: Take this object, but beware it carries a terrible curse!
Homer: Ooh, that's bad.
Shopkeeper: But it comes with a free frogurt!
Homer: That's good!
Shopkeeper: The frogurt is also cursed.
Homer: That's bad.
Shopkeeper: But you get your choice of toppings.
Homer: That's good!
Shopkeeper: The toppings contain potassium benzoate.
[Homer stares at him blankly]
Shopkeeper
: ...That's bad.
Homer: Can I go now?

No cursed frogurt for me, but plenty of awkward.  Let’s see if I can come with as much awesome.

Awkward:

  • I really didn’t want to work today. I wanted to flake off at lunch, go get gelato, and go try on clothes at Anthropologie.
  • I got four hours of sleep last night; I really need eight to function properly.
  • I didn’t feel like doing 30 for 30 today, so I wore something else.
  • The boning in the dress I wore today was poking me all day.
  • My allergies are driving me nuts.
  • I’m feeling really old, at 33.  It hit me when I realized I may be too old to wear a dress with elephants all over it.
  • I think I may have ordered this dress a size too small.
  • I ended up having ice cream twice today.

 
Club Monaco dress (2008) | Gap cardigan | Hilary Druxman necklace | Cole Haan Air Tali MJ ballet flats

Awesome:

  • I ended up having ice cream twice today.
  • I didn’t flake off work, I powered through and got a lot done.
  • I got to Anthropologie on my lunch break and tried on pretty clothes.
  • The week went by really fast, and tomorrow’s Friday!
  • I’ve been at my new job for almost two months, and I’m still enjoying myself.  I’m not nearly as cranky as I was at my old job.
  • My hair has been cooperating all week, even with the humidity.  Thank you, Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid.
  • I wore this dress for the first time in at least two years, possibly three. It was like discovering an old friend.
  • I got a lot of compliments on this dress today. I’m so glad I didn’t end up purging it.
  • I found some pictures from three years ago of me wearing this dress to a wedding, and I’m pretty sure I’ve lost weight since then (yay!).  Coincidentally, that was the last time I had full bangs.  I also haven’t grown any since then, I just had the skirt shortened afterwards.

  • But it doesn’t matter how I looked, it was about the bride and groom and how happy we were for them.  Three years later, they’ve just had a gorgeous baby boy.

  • Also, how much fun is this pic? I always drive back after parties so Will can drink, we had the windows and sunroof open, and the skirt wanted to billow up over my head.

That’s way more awesomes than awkwards!  It’s a great Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...