18.5.11

…that’s why we only work when we need the money…

So let’s face it, if I didn’t have to work, I wouldn’t.  But since I have to work, I’m glad I got this job. 

First day back to work outfit:


J.Crew ruffled tank | Anthro Beribboned Buds Cardi (Tabitha) | Anthro necklace | Club Monaco pencil skirt | Wolford Satin Opaque Tights | Tory Burch Reva flats

Since I’ve gone back to the same company I left at the end of March, everything is very familiar.  So familiar that I felt the same sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach when I arrived at the same office building on Monday morning.  I had to stop and remind myself that I wasn’t going back to the same job, that this was something new and better.  And it is.  My new boss took me out for lunch on Monday to get to know me (that really impressed me, but given what I was used to with my old team, my low expectations are easily surpassed), my new coworkers took me to lunch on Tuesday to get to know me, and my old coworkers (the ones I’m friends with) were really happy to see me.  I have no idea what the work is actually like because I haven’t actually done any yet, but I have high hopes.

I’m also thrilled that after six weeks of sitting on the couch eating macarons and gelato, my non-elastic-waistband clothes still fit me.


Anthropologie Craft & Creation Top | J.Crew Featherweight Cashmere Cardigan | Hilary Druxman necklace | Anthro Alluring Sway Skirt (Cartonnier) | Wolford Satin Opaque Tights | Tory Burch Reva flats

Now if only the sun would come out, I’d be one perfectly happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...