12.9.10

Transitioning…

Ah, Sunday nights.  It’s the time when I think, “oh fuck it, I have to go to work tomorrow morning” and “what have I accomplished this weekend?”  Last weekend (long weekend) it was absolutely nothing.  This weekend I had a list as long as my arm, that included putting away my summer clothes and pulling out the fall/winter stuff.

I share my bedroom closet with my boyfriend, and unfortunately it’s not big enough to store all seasons, so when the weather changes, my summer clothes get folded into a box.

Bye-bye flip-flops…bye-bye sandals…bye-bye summer dresses…

The good news is that I have a lot of clothing that works for both seasons, with the addition of a heavier cardigan and tights.  But there are some pieces that are really just summer only.

Like my beloved Height of Summer dress…

And the Circle the Globe skirt…

It could probably work with tights, but to me this is a summer skirt, so I’m ok with putting it away for this year.  I’m just not looking forward to the wrinkly mess it’ll be when I pull it out next May.

The other thing I noticed was that everything I was putting away is colourful, and everything I pulled out was black or grey.  A little depressing.  As much as I’ve already said that I love the cooler weather, putting away the summer clothes makes me a little sad.  But onwards to fall!  Hello to Wolford tights and the Cream Confection Jacket and my beloved Soïa & Kyo trench coat.  And my trip to Europe!  So it’s ok.

2 comments:

  1. I totally hear you, but think of all the yummy things you can now eat due to the cooler weather! That always cheers me up! Bring on the hot chocolates and toasted marshmallows I say!
    xo tash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, you're right! Not so much the hot chocolate for me--dairy intolerant, unfortunately :(--but the soups and stews and heavier comfort food....mmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...