3.9.10

Goodbye summer, bye-bye dress…

If we’d had a summer of warm, sunny, non-humid weather, I wouldn’t be so quick to say goodbye to it. But after another week of being hot, sticky, and uncomfortable, I’m ready for fall.  The heat wave ends today and I can’t wait!

And as part of letting go of summer, I’m saying no to Antropologie’s Stemmed Sweetbriar Dress and returning it.

I went back and forth on this one, and even still I’m tempted.  It’s a really pretty dress.  I actually bought it at full price because I loved it, and then it sat in my closet with the tags on because I had nowhere to wear it.  Now it’s on sale, so that makes it even more tempting, because I could return it and pick it up at the sale price.

But I have to stick to the fact it doesn’t work for me.  I hate halter tops, I always feel like I’m being choked.  I don’t think halters do anything for my broad shoulders either.  The top is too low for me to throw a sweater on and wear it to work.

Still, it breaks my heart because it’s so pretty.

I feel like I’m wavering slightly…be strong, Rach!  Just think of it as making room for fall goodies.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, it's so hard when you love something but you feel it doesn't actually flatter you at all. Not that I agree from the pictures! But I'll assume you can see something off in person, and I too hate the "choking" feel a halter strap gives. Good on you for staying strong and saving for the upcoming season. Maybe if it's really meant to be, your willpower will be rewarded with a 2nd cut, or perhaps an eBay steal, later in the year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it's not that I think it looks bad on me. I think it's pretty flattering and doesn't make my shoulders look as broad as some halters do. I'm giving it up because it's not comfortable; I'd always be pulling up the top and pulling at the halter ties. In this case comfort wins! (Shocker, I know.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...