20.10.11

on my own…but just for a little while

“Husbands and wives should have separate interests, cultivate different sets of friends and not impose on the other. You can’t spend a lifetime breathing down each other’s necks. We are very, very different people and yet somehow we fed off those varied differences and instead of separating us, it has made the whole bond a lot stronger.” - Paul Newman

BHLDN posted this quote on Facebook today, with a link to some great photos of Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. Will left on vacation last night (he’s visiting a friend from university in Frankfurt but also going on jaunts to Copenhagen, Istanbul, and various places around Germany, wherever he can reach by rail pass in a day); I’ve been left to my own devices until October 30, but I think I’ll be just fine. It’s very important for both of us to have time to ourselves, so I’ll be enjoying having the condo to myself while he’s in Europe. People keep asking me why I didn’t go like there’s something TERRIBLY WRONG with that. I just say I don’t think we need to be attached at the hip all the time, and that’s healthy.

I’m taking tomorrow off so it’ll be comfy clothes all weekend (let’s hear it for elastic waistbands), but here’s a “real” outfit I wore to work this week.


Anthro Drape & Twist Tee (Postmark) | J.Crew Jenna’s Cardigan | ayala bar necklace | Anthro Liquid Acres Skirt (Tabitha) | Wolford Satin Opaque tights | Michael Kors heels

I initially thought that this skirt would be hard to wear because of the pattern, but with all the colours, it’s an easy remix. I’m looking forward to wearing it a lot this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...