I’m so late with last week’s Fill In the Blank Friday. Last Friday I was busy getting a pedicure and packing for my weekend in Ottawa, then I was in Ottawa over the weekend (obviously), and then straight back to work and so exhausted I couldn’t think straight Monday evening, then stressing about possible layoffs at work, then trying to stop stressing because it’s not like that’s going to change what’s going to happen, and now I have free time again. It’s a blank I wanted to fill in, so I’ll subscribe to the old cliché of better late than never.
I blog because…
- I can fully indulge in my love of “frivolous” things, while compartmentalizing it from the rest of my life.
- I can share these interests with other like-minded people.
- It’s something completely different from what I do at work all day.
- I like to write, and at work I write about boring things like processes and policies, so it’s a place where I can write about things I like.
- I can be snarky and irreverent and sometimes maybe a little bit more serious.
- It’s a creative outlet for me.
- It’s a scrapbook of sorts, where I can keep track of what I wear, and what my life was like at that particular point in time.
- Even though not many people might be reading what I write, I like the idea of writing to someone, and that forces me to think and write, which I wouldn’t do consistently if I were just writing a personal diary.
- And if I’m completely honest, it’s because I’m just a little bit vain (or maybe more than a little bit), and I like posting pictures of myself where I look good. On days when I’m not feeling so good about myself, it makes me feel better.