18.10.10

I’ve been gone for a week, I need home for a rest

I took about 500 pictures on my trip (to be culled for duds, I’m sure), and this is the last one I took.

 
Big Ben, taken from the cab on the way to Victoria Station to catch the Gatwick Express to the airport.

Coming home from a trip is always strange.  On one hand, I’m so thrilled to be back in my own place, with my own comfortable bed.  (I fell into that comfortable bed at 7:30 last night and passed out shortly afterwards.  Sooo unbelievably nice after spending the past few nights on an air mattress on the living room floor of a friend’s London flat.  Can’t complain about the cost of the accommodations though.)  On the other hand, I’m sad to be home again.  But the grass is always greener on the other side, right?  I have much to be grateful about my life here. 

Still, I don’t want to go back to work just yet.

And I wish Toronto were as pretty as Paris.

Or as exciting as London. 

Or as fun as Dublin.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a fabulous trip! It's good to go away and always so good to come home too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...