2.6.10

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble

It gets cold in Canada.  Not all the time, but summer only lasts for 2-3 months, and I like to make the most of it, with bright colours and summer dresses.  I know it’s only early June, but I was still shocked by all the black I saw on the subway this morning.

  • Maeve Height of Summer dress, at Anthropologie
  • Club Monaco cardigan (I’m afraid it might fall apart, I wear it so often)
  • Cole Haan sandals
  • necklace I made by taking apart an existing necklace

I love colour.  I love teal.  (This dress doesn’t get great reviews because of the quality, fit, and price, but I happily paid full price just for the colour.)  I spend fall and winter in black and grey.  On a subway car full of grumpy, black-clad people, I definitely stood out.  Sometimes I forget how conservative this city is sometimes.  I probably didn’t look like I was going to work, but my office is not very formal.  And considering how low-cut my boss’s dress was today (I spent a 15-minute with her staring at her chest—her exposed bra was very distracting), I felt like a nun in comparison.

2 comments:

  1. You always look stunning in teal! That dress really does look good on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the teal, it's not me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...