4.3.13

Fitness commitment issues

I'm really, really jealous of people who actually enjoy exercise. I've always hated it, but I know I should do it because it's good for me. Like eating vegetables (which I've also never been keen on). I've tried joining a gym, didn't work. I tried joining the gym at work (only $5), didn't work. I tried joining a women's gym literally around the corner from my apartment, didn't work (also the gym closed after a year). I tried yoga, didn't work (I don't like yoga on its own, it's not my thing). I tried Pilates classes, didn't work (I like Pilates better than yoga, but still not great and I didn't like the people in the classes). I tried a Running Room learn to run clinic, didn't work (I got shin splints and I just don't enjoy running). I haven’t tried a personal trainer, but I don’t think that would work well either because take well to people yelling at me and it’s not really in my budget (way too many other things to spend money on). Basically, I have commitment issues when it comes to serious exercise, but hey, it might not be all my fault

The only thing I seem to be able to commit to is walking the 5K to and from work (when the weather is in my favour, I walk at least one way every day, sometimes both ways if my ride to work isn't available), but I can commit to that because I hate taking the subway even more (I'm short so I inevitably end up with my face in someone's armpit) and because it has a purpose (I'm getting somewhere, as opposed to getting nowhere on a treadmill/elliptical/stationery bike). Even if it does give me a red nose and red cheeks when I take photos afterwards.


J.Crew vintage cotton v-neck tee in vivid jade // knockoff J.Crew bubble necklace // Club Monaco chiffon skirt // Wolford tights // Michael Kors heels

This skirt had climbed up to around my waist by the time I got home, but I was wearing a long coat, so it was ok. I also did not walk home in heels, sensible footwear only for walking that far.

So walking as much as I do is great but it’s probably not enough fitness for me, so I’m looking for something else. I haven’t quite found what I love yet. And if I don’t love it, I won’t do it. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...