29.12.11

Best of 2011: Bought

I always say this: I can’t believe it’s [insert holiday/time of year here] already. So I can’t believe it’s the end of 2011 already. It’s a time for reflection on the past twelve months and a time to look ahead to the coming year, and to eat as much ice cream as possible before New Year’s Resolutions kick in (at least for the first two weeks of January).

I say every year that the coming year will be a year of restraint, but it never quite works out that way. I shopped a fair bit in 2011; here are my top 12 (because I couldn’t keep to just 10) favourites, in no particular order.

1. Anthropologie Liquid Acres Skirt (Tabitha)

I bought this skirt during my personal shopping experience at Anthropologie at Rockefeller Center, in August. I’m surprised at how versatile it is and how many different outfits can be made with it. It’s the kind of piece I go to Anthro for; a classic piece with an interesting/slightly quirky print that still works well with the rest of my wardrobe.

2. Anthropologie Sumukhwa Skirt (Maeve)

I snagged this on sale a while back, but I haven’t posted any outfits with it yet. I love the colour combination and the print. It was one of the those pieces that I felt really strongly about; it was a must-have for me. Again, one of the pieces I go to Anthro for.

3. Tory Burch Reva Ballet Flats

I just picked these up on my Christmas trip to Boston, but they’re definitely a favourite, a can’t-go-wrong/wear-til-they-fall-apart shoe.

4. Miss Sixty Tracy Shoes

Not very practical, but definitely fabulous.

5. Anthropologie Cirque A-Line

I agonized about whether I was too old to buy this dress, but in the end I’m really glad I did, even if I don’t wear it very much.

6. Anthropologie Bette Cardigan (Sparrow)

I love cardigans; this was a good one.

7. Anthropologie Verdant Slip Dress

It was the perfect summer dress for me.

8. Club Monaco Celia Skirt

For those days when all I wanted was to wear leggings or yoga pants and I couldn’t. Bonus points that it’s cute too!

9. Club Monaco Misty Top

Knits are a staple in my closet, and this is a very flattering one.

10. Banana Republic Ruched top

(with Matsu aventurine necklace, Club Monaco Celia Skirt, Wolford Satin Opaque tights, and Michael Kors heels)
My new favourite top. I’ll be wearing it a lot this winter.

11. T3 Single Pass Whirl

I’m so hair-incompetent, but this has given me a whole new set of hair options!

12. Apple iPad 2

I love love love my iPad. I was initially planning to buy a new laptop after Will spilled beer on my keyboard, but this is so much better.

Bonus: My uptown Toronto condo.
Definitely the most expensive and most important purchase this year. No buyer’s remorse here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...