3.4.10

Maybe one day I’ll understand.

One of my best friends has been really stressed out at work.  She’s been working long hours on a project and dealing with a lot of work drama and crazy people at the same time.  So she felt she needed a little reward after all of it.

This was her reward:

This is the Gucci Sukey Guccissima black leather hobo, USD$1490 before tax.

Usually, when I decide I need a present to myself to cheer myself up, it’s a dress, a top, maybe shoes, maybe makeup.  Maximum $200.  I can’t fathom spending that much on one single item, and I really don’t understand the appeal of the designer bag.  I’m all for great quality and style, but I don’t like signature prints and I won’t carry an ugly bag just because it’s Gucci or Louis Vuitton or Coach.  I try to understand, but designer bags…I just don’t get it.

At the same time, I’m in no position to judge the money spent because although I won’t spend that much on one item, I spend a lot on clothes and over time it’ll add up to that, and more.  And I’m also an enabler; even though my friend and I have almost fought over our differing views on designer bags, I accompanied her to buy the bag…in Troy, Michigan, a four-hour drive from Toronto.  We made it a fun day of girl talk and shopping and eating food we shouldn’t (Grumpy Cakes for breakfast? hell yeah!), and in the end, bag or no bag, it was great to spend time with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...