16.3.14

Weekend recap

Weekends are never long enough, are they?

We’re always busy and exhausted during the week, so weekends are time for Will and I to spend time together. We’ve started to have lunch every Saturday, it’s become our weekend date.

This week it was at Allen’s on the Danforth.

Burger with Ontario goat’s cheese, and proper thick-cut chips.

After that we went down to the Beaches for a walk. It’s not close to where we live, but we decided that we needed to venture out further on the weekends. The weather was cold and windy, but it made from some gorgeous views.


A view of downtown from Lake Ontario

The last one is my favourite. Not too shabby for an iPhone.

The Beach is also a dog park. I think there’s a bylaw that you can’t live in that neighbourhood if you don’t own a dog.


This windswept, shaggy Westie is going to need a bath when he gets home.


A terrifying gang of 6 Great Danes (with a few smaller dogs too)


Great Dane ringleader

When we were completely chilled through and I’d had enough dog-stalking, we went for cookies at Moo Milk Bar. I heard about this place a while ago and immediately said “OMG I LOVE COOKIES I HAVE TO GO THERE.” Literally, just like that. It’s a good thing I don’t live in the Beaches, or else I’d be eating cookies every day. Seriously, I wanted one of everything. (Except for the ones with peanut butter.)

I restrained myself to a few cookies and a square.

Carmelita Bar (a little too sweet but of course I love the delicious salted caramel), Salted Caramel dark chocolate (very dark and rich)

Chocolate chip and toffee bit. The toffee bit was my favourite by far, I’ll go back for those (or make them myself at home!).

(I didn’t eat all of these at once, I took them home and paced myself. Still probably too many cookies for a weekend.)

And finally, on our way back to the car after picking up cookies, we saw this in a gallery window.

So random, kinda disturbing, and completely hilarious. I’m tempted to go back and get them!

After the weekend indulgences, more fruit and vegetables.


This is the most adorable juice bar I’ve ever seen.

Gold Rush: Pineapple, Cucumber, Lemon, Ginger (Restorative, Anti-Inflammatory, Anti-Aging)
Wake Up: Orange, Lemon, Grapefruit, Liquid Cayenne (Alkalizing, Kidney Flushing, Flu Fighting)

It’s healthy and delicious, but expensive (organic fruit and vegetable, and a lot goes into 250mL). I’ve been a bit addicted, but I’ll have to dial back on that too.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE food pictures. Seriously, I could look at them all day. That hamburger looks so good. I adore goat cheese. I used to be scared of it when I was younger, but now it is my favorite.

    Those ocean shots are beautiful. I cannot believe they were taken with an iPhone. My iPhone pictures never look like that. That Westie is so cute. Another thing I could look at all day are dog pictures!

    Weekends do go by way too quickly. I am so sad this one is over.

    I want yummy cookies now!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love food photos too, but they just make me want to eat. And eat and eat and eat and eat. But that may just be my PMS. :P

      Delete
  2. I've spent very little time in Toronto so it's nice to see your photos. The only reason I know of Danforth is unfortunately because of Rob Ford. (Sorry. *cringe*) What do you think of Olivia Chow? Will people vote for her?

    Those Great Danes do look terrifying... like some kind of demon hellhound. I'm also struck by how much those dogs look like Weimaraners (minus the pointy ears and the long tails).

    Also, mmm. Cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok, Rob Ford has put Toronto on the map, albeit for the absolutely wrong reasons. The man is a disgrace. I personally think Olivia Chow is a little too left-wing, but I think a lot of people will vote for her, especially in the downtown core.

      I actually love Great Danes, but I prefer the ones without cropped ears. The cropped pointy ears make them look much scarier, I think. These ones seemed nice. One of them in particular was very curious and came right up to us, but she was scared of us too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...