13.3.14

Never was a cornflake girl…

…thought it was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls…

I’ve had this song in my head since Jenni’s post last week, which brought me back to my high school/university days, a period in my life I’d like to call my “angry girl phase.”

I’d like to think I’m past that these days, but I still enjoy Tori Amos’s music (Little Earthquakes will always be on my list of all-time favourite albums, even if I don’t like her recent stuff, and her plastic surgery makes me sad). I enjoyed listening to this song again and reflecting back on a time when I was all “damn right I’m a raisin girl just like Tori!”, if only for a laugh.


Club Monaco Hayley Ls Tee in Smog // knockoff J.Crew bubble necklace from Etsy // Club Monaco Tavie Skirt (2013) // Wolford tights // Tory Burch Reva flats (2009)

I like to think I still look like I could pass for a university student though…


(I’m not very good at hiding the remote…I’ll have to work on that…)

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the mention! I appreciate it! And I still love that song. And Tori Amos. And I did not know anything about any plastic surgery. That makes me sad. Darn! I felt like she was such a cool chick. Comfortable in her own skin. And a role model as to not giving a damn. That is the saddest news I have heard in awhile. : (

    On a positive note, you could totally pass for a college student. And I would never notice the remote until you pointed it out. The necklace is great with that skirt. It matches without being too matchy. I have silver flats and I never know how to style them. I like when you wear yours to get ideas.

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember seeing Tori after the plastic surgery and thinking, omg, what did she do to her face? I mean, to each their own. I would have liked to see what she would have looked like without going under the knife.

      I'm guilty of being too matchy matchy sometimes, I have to make an effort. I love my silver flats, I treat them as a neutral, they go with pretty much everything!

      Delete
  2. Love the hot pinks and grey! (and indeed the nice steely grey sofas). Totally could pass for a student (except too well-dressed! Or perhaps i'm just thinking of the ugg-wearing set from my last student days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're right! I forgot about that. I was never this well dressed when I was in university. It was all about comfort back then...

      Delete
  3. cute colors! And your hair looks great!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...