11.1.13

New year, new me

So a new year is always about resolutions and pledging to do better than last year, right? And it often doesn’t pan out? I was just musing on why that was, when I had a bit of a lightbulb moment over Carol’s post from earlier this week.

The story I tell about myself, mostly to myself but sometimes to other people, isn’t great. I’m messy and disorganized. I’m lazy and I procrastinate all the time. I have no willpower and I can’t stick to a healthy eating plan, even when eating badly means I don’t feel well all the time. I’m irresponsible and impulsive and I’m terrible with money. It’s partly self-deprecating, partly a result of what I’ve heard from my parents, but the truth is the more I say these things to myself, the more they become a self-fulfilling prophecy. And then things don’t change.

So what if I were neat and organized, didn’t procrastinate, took care of myself, and financially responsible? Strange. That doesn’t sound like me. Sounds kinda boring and virtuous too. But maybe it’d be better all around if that person were me.

I’ve started already, small things like keeping the condo tidier and doing things right away instead of saying “I’ll just do it tomorrow.” I’m serious about this change!

And see, look how serious I am:


Club Monaco t-shirt // J.Crew Jenna’s cardigan // Hilary Druxman necklace // Anthro Sumukhwa Skirt (Maeve) // Wolford tights // Michael Kors heels

Just kidding, I can’t stay that serious for very long.

It may be a little early in the year, but I’m saying it anyway…this year is gonna to be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...