29.1.13

Mixing the fun and the basic

Last week during the deep freeze (which was really nothing in Toronto compared to Ottawa where it was –40 with the windchill and the dog was waking my mom up at 3 a.m. to go outside) when I was hibernating, I spent some time going through my closet, putting some old no-longer-worn items aside for donating and contemplating the general state of affairs.

I realized that I may have built my closet backwards, in my obsession with wearing clothes that are “different.” I got all the fun stuff first, and neglected the basics, because I thought the basics were boring. (I still think they are on their own, but there’s still a reason why I should own more of them.)

It’s partly the fault of that damn bubble necklace which I wear all the time now; can’t wear too much with it, or I just end up looking loopy.


Club Monaco T-shirt // knockoff J.Crew bubble necklace // Anthro Acting Out Skirt (Cartonnier)

Plain, unadorned t-shirts are my new best friends. I can have the fun stuff if I balance it out with something more simple. Simplicity and balance, my new mottos.

My next quest: the perfect LBD…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...