1.3.12

That’s enough already, cheer up.

I spent most of February being pretty miserable. I was still reeling from changes at work, I was cranky and unmotivated, and I’m pretty sure I ate most of my body weight in sugar. I’m feeling better now, and now it seems stupid that I spent so much time wallowing in self-pity. I mean, seriously, I need to get over myself. It’s never as bad as I make it out to be!

Other than that, February was a month of British TV shows (watched both series of Sherlock and started Downton Abbey); only one book read (The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender), probably because I spent so much time watching British TV shows; unseasonably warm temperatures; and a little bit more shopping than I planned.


I bought this Hilary Druxman hand-wrought sterling silver necklace in Ottawa at Bija Bijoux. I love Hilary Druxman designs and I love the hammered silver. Not entirely cheap, but I like supporting a small Canadian artist, and still cheaper than anything I might remotely like at, say, Tiffany & Co.


I haven’t been inspired by Anthropologie lately, but I couldn’t resist the Tartlet Burst Top. It’s teal and it has a fun detail. I like it so much I’m tempted to get it in navy too.

Okay, so two pieces, it’s not a lot. But it’s still 100% more than the monthly shopping “quota” I’d set for myself for 2012. I could spend some time beating myself up about it…but I think I won’t.

Up next for March: more Downton Abbey (I’ve only watched the first few episodes), maybe more reading, more fitness, more cooking, and generally better spirits.


Club Monaco Kelsey Dress | Anthropologie Orchard House Cardigan (Rosie Neira) | necklace made by me | Wolford Satin Opaque Tights in Admiral | Tory Burch Reva flats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...