31.3.12

It’s getting easier

March is going out like a lion, and I kinda feel like a lion today. I’m cold (it snowed a little overnight and it feels like early winter now), irritable, and a little jumpy. It’s probably because I’ve decided to stop eating refined sugar again, and I have a container of fancy chocolate-covered marshmallows in the kitchen for my nephew and I suddenly desperately want to tear into it and shove all of them into my mouth. I think I should put them away. Out of sight, out of mind, right?


Soïa & Kyo trench coat (from 2008) | Club Monaco top | lululemon Wunder Under pant | Steve Madden boots | Marc by Marc Jacobs Preppy Hillier Hobo

My Saturday morning, errand-running outfit. Can’t tell from this picture, but I’m not wearing any makeup, as usual on Saturday mornings, and I don’t care.

March flew by, but I think there was some good stuff in there. I decided it was time to get back to my good eating habits, so I’ve cut out wheat and dairy in addition to sugar. I think I’ve found my willpower again, which is nice, because it seemed to have left me all winter. This time, I’ve decided to concentrate on what I can have rather than what I can’t have, and that helps. I know it gets easier the longer I stick to it, today is just a bad day because of the marshmallows. I don’t even like marshmallows but I want them because they’re there!

I also decided it was time to try to get more fit, and I can’t let my hatred of the gym stop me. I’m walking as much as possible, and I’ve been trying out some 10-minute FitSugar videos. 10 minutes works for me  I’m in such terrible shape that at first I could only get through 5 minutes at a time, but it’s getting easier. And because I’m inherently lazy, ten minutes at a time works for me.

(I’d love to say that a desire to be healthy has motivated me to exercise and eat well, but it’s really because I’ve gained some weight over the winter and none of my clothes fit comfortably anymore. I feel shallow, but whatever it takes, right?)

I’ve also been cooking more, watching the rest of Downton Abbey, reading a little (re-read Tim Gunn: A Guide To Quality, Taste & Style), and uh, shopping more.

This was my March damage:

  
 
Marc by Marc Jacobs Preppy Hillier Hobo | Anthro Tartlet Burst Top (Deletta) (in navy, bought on sale)
Anthro Drape & Scallop Top (Weston Wear) (on sale) | Puma Rudolf Dassler Rhythm ballet flats (on sale)

It seemed like a lot more than that, but probably because the Marc Jacobs bag was a splurge purchase, and I had the extra money from my tax refund. The bag was love at first sight, I loved both tops enough to buy them at full price so sale was a bonus, and I couldn’t resist my favourite comfortable flats (I own these in black and white) in teal and on sale. I’m not sticking to my resolution to buy one item a month, but I’m still doing a lot better than I used to.

Get these away from me…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...