18.10.14

Saturday

I got home from an extended Canadian Thanksgiving weekend in Boston and NYC (the chocolate went down really well, except I’m confused that my sister and brother-in-law don’t binge like I do, they actually eat one or two pieces and then stop, wtf is that?) on Wednesday, blog posts about my exploits upcoming, once I get my act together.

I went back to work on Thursday and Friday, but it still feels like I’m on vacation. Maybe because Will is still in Nepal (he finished his trek up Gokyo Ri and is fine, nowhere near the blizzard and avalanche that happened last week, terrible about what happened to the trekkers there), and I’m having a weekend to myself where I can do what I want. Not that I can’t do what I want when he’s here, but it’s just different.

So today I had pie, hot chocolate, and went for a lovely fall walk.

And took the opportunity to try out the camera on the Samsung Galaxy S5, my new work phone.

I picked up pie at Wanda’s Pie in the Sky at Kensington Market.

The Ontario sour cherry was…fine. Maybe I just wasn’t in the mood for pie?

I also went to the Distillery District, which I love.


There are locks on the letters, like on the bridges in Paris.

I just happened to end up at Soma Chocolate again. I mean, I’m there already, I can’t not go in, right?

The hot chocolate is their Spicy Mayan with milk, not sweet at all. It’s more like a coffee than a sweet drink.

Today’s outfit:


Soia & Kyo raincoat // American Apparel circle scarf // Gap zip leggings // eric michael Laguna boots

Not a great photo, so here’s Friday’s outfit:


Hugo Guinness for J.Crew Dog Tee // Gap zip leggings // Gap classic ballet flat in rose blush

I can’t resist a hound on a T-shirt.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad Will is all right! That is scary! And so sad.

    I love your pictures. Too bad about the pie. I love pie. So I understand the sadness of a bad piece.

    And your outfits are so pretty. I love that coat. It is the perfect color and fit. And your dog tee is amazing! I would not resist it either.

    That chocolate shop!!! Wow! No wonder your sister has you bring her some. I now completely understand. I have never seen a chocolate shop like that!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Will is ok! I thought he was not in that area but wasn't 100% sure. Hope he is home safely soon!

    Toronto looks beautiful in the fall. I love your photos. And that blue coat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, a good old weekend photo roundup with some yummy looking foods and pretty colours (good for any weekend, right?). I hope Will is back home now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...