27.12.09

Happy Holidays (and Happy Shopping)

This year, Christmas was such a whirlwind that I forgot to be Grinch-y. I spent a total of 24 hours in Ottawa: I drove up the morning of Christmas Eve, spent Christmas Eve with my family (when we had Christmas dinner and presents), went back to my parents' place for Christmas morning, then drove back to Toronto with my sister and brother-in-law for a Christmas dinner of Peking duck at a Chinese restaurant. Unfortunately, I experienced that Christmas dinner again at 5:30 the next morning when I came down with a 24-hour stomach bug (will not be eating duck again for a very long time).

So no in person Boxing Day shopping for me, but that's fine because it's usually a zoo anyway. But I did take advantage of J. Crew's free shipping and extra 20% off sale items to buy the dress I've had my eye on for a while. I tried it on in Chicago last month, but I decided not to buy it because it was $250 at the time and because I didn't have anywhere to wear it. I still don't have anywhere to wear it, but it's $80, and it'll be something to have in my closet to pull out for a cocktail party. Or maybe I'll just have to throw my own cocktail party so I have an occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...