19.6.14

Forever 29

So today is my 36th birthday, and my first reaction is OMG, when did I get this old? (Not that it’s old. Not at all. I just don’t think of myself as that age, at ALL.) So from now on, I’m 29. Forever 29!

(I think I can still pass for 25. I still get carded occasionally.)

This year, with all the crap going on (sorry, don’t mean to be cryptic about it, but I definitely don’t want to talk about it today), I wasn’t much in a celebrating mood. I didn’t care if I didn’t do anything to mark the occasion, or if I got any gifts (although my sister is getting me this gorgeous necklace and I’m not complaining), but I gotta wear a pretty dress.


Banana Republic Marimekko Collection Siirtol Siirtolapuutarha dress // J.Crew Factory Clare Cardigan // HIlary Druxman necklace // Tory Burch Reva flats

Funny story about this Marimekko Siirtolapuutarha print: I saw it as an iPhone case in Copenhagen airport on my way home from my European adventure last September, but it was almost C$60 and way more than I wanted to spend on an iPhone case at the end of an expensive trip. So when I saw the Banana Republic Dress, I pounced.

The length on the dress might be a little inappropriate for a 36-year-old, but it’s fine for a 29-year-old, right? The Marimekko collection sold out so fast, I could only get a petite size, and even though I’m 5’2”, I’m usually more comfortable in regular sizes. I might let the hem down to get another ¾ of an inch.

Since it’s a Thursday, it’ll just be a quick dinner and gelato with Will, then a proper birthday meal on Saturday (pizza again, it’s my favourite). More food photos coming up this weekend/early next week.

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! I agree... no crap on your birthday. I am wishing you a crap-free year. I am also completely floored that you're 36.

    You got a Marimekko dress! I was too late on the draw... the stores were sold out by the time I made it to the mall. I love that print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope I have a crap-free year too, but I'm not so optimistic! :(

      I seriously ordered that Marimekko Dress at 9 in the morning the day the collection came out and I still only managed a petite size. I'm glad I snagged it.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!!!

    I hope everything works out. I am still older than you, so I'll be your older thirty year old friend if we go out!

    That dress is gorgeous. I am not "with it" at all. I never know what is out there. I wish I had known about this dress. Green and blue are my favorite colors.they are so pretty on you.

    Pizza?! I wish I could go with you. I never get enough pizza. That sounds like a great celebration dinner. Yay for food photos!

    Happy Birthday! I hope this is the turning around point for the crap.

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think you could be my 29-1/2-year-old friend. You don't look older than me!

      It's probably best not to be with it...you don't know what you're missing, right?

      Delete
  3. Ha, and i'll be the even older 30-something for the next little while. Let's all go out and be 29! Happy birthday- enjoy. Why is everyone having such a crappy year- it's not fair! Anyway, it's summer and enjoy tge super the super cute dress!! (I popped into the store waaaaaaaay late to the party and was tempted to buy this dress in petite and two sizes too large. It's that cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I love your comment that the skirt might be a bit short for 36 but perfect for 29. I wonder at what age I need to trade in my flouncy skirts and dresses. Hopefully never. Especially if, like you, I'm able to delude myself into thinking I'm perpetually young. It may be easier when you're 36, which still is young, anyways. Let's see how you're doing at 46 and 56. haha

    I love the silhouette of the dress, and the pleats create a great textural element. The print looks textural too, so the dress is really visually interesting. The blues and greens are lovely on you as well. Happy birthday, you 29-year-old hottie!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...