25.5.10

Heat wave

It’s hot hot hot in Toronto, and my allergies are in full bloom.  I love the sun, but I could stand for it to be about 5 degrees cooler.  But I wouldn’t be Canadian if I didn’t complain about the weather every now and then.

  • Fragmented Pipevine Dress by Maeve, at anthropologie (sale item!)
  • Club Monaco cardigan (2008)
  • Cole Haan sandals (2008)
  • Hilary Druxman necklace

Most people lose their appetites in a heat wave, but I’ve been eating like a horse for the past few days, so much so that I was just about to bust a few snaps on the front of this dress.

Speaking of the dress, I passed by it when it was full price, but I did snap it up on sale.  It’s one of the few items I’ve bought on sale; I tend to buy most of my clothes at full price.  I’m not very good at waiting for sales.  There are a couple of reasons for this: when I want something, I want it now, and a couple of times I’ve waited for something to go on sale only to find that it doesn’t exist in my size anymore.  I guess it’s a fear that I’ll miss out on something I love that drives me to pay full price.  I also think that if I don’t want it now, why would I want it on sale?  It’s not just waiting for sales either.  I hate bargain shopping.  I’ll visit outlets and not buy anything, because I don't want to buy something just because it’s cheap.  That dress may have only been $9, but if it’s not awesome and I don’t love it, it’s $9 wasted. 

1 comment:

  1. My friend only buys off the sale rack at Anthropologie. And yet, she always manages to find things in her size. I don't know how she can practise so much restraint in that store.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...